{At Home} Powder Room Update & Lighting

Whoops. Totally dropped the ball on this one again! Just a little update on the powder room progress (and current lack thereof).

We last left off here with the sink bowl on the kitchen table and the old light fixture.


Instructions. All gibberish to me!

As a reminder, here's the old screechy faucet.

My dad's makeshift set-up to hook all the plumbing back together...

And now the sink is all put back together after some minor cosmetic alterations!

Shiny!

And not screechy at all! I still cringe every now and again when I turn the tap on, expecting it to scream at me.

After this was installed, every time I walked by the powder room I would walk in just to stare lol.

So we crossed off one more item on the to-do list...
  • Paint stripes on the walls
  • Paint the baseboards
  • Replace the toilet
  • Re-hang old mirror
  • Finish installing the new faucet and reattach the sink bowl to the wall
  • Touch up the paint around the sink (Miraculously, it needed no touch ups!)
  • Buy a new light fixture and install
  • Find two pieces to fill the frames and hang them up (I've got one potential, I just need a second)
The light fixture is still this 80's style Hollywood bulb type. We just haven't found any light fixtures that catch our eye (and don't break the bank) as you can tell by all the other light fixtures in the house...

The master bathroom had a boob light that we removed back in February and it still looks like this...

Gotta love the builder's standard light fixture...

We bought this Martha Stewart fixture (Seal Harbor) to see if we liked it so then we would buy the 1- or 2-light version for the powder room. So far so good, though we have 60 watt bulbs in them now and it gets really warm standing under them even after 10 seconds. I keep meaning to switch to a lower wattage but again, hello, I am lazy.

I'll eventually post about the updates made to this bathroom (and all other rooms...).

So last year I switched out the overhead light in my bedroom and it made a world of difference! Below is the standard builder one from over 20 years ago!
Yuck. This is the one currently in my brother's room. We've yet to decide what to switch his out for.

I switched the standard to this Hampton Bay one, I believe it was $30? After about 2 weeks, I realized that the wallmount lights in the basement are the semi-circles version of this! I'm not sure my parents have even realized yet.

We originally bought this light for the spare bedroom upstairs (now turned "library" and my second closet), but somehow it ended up in the master walk-in closet instead.

And so the light in the spare room looks like this now. Also since February...

I suppose I should start keeping an eye out again for light fixtures and just get 'er done! I just want to finish all the bedroom/bathroom stuff so that I can get started on the family room and kitchen!

Is anyone else as bad as me with all the jumping around with projects? I seriously cannot focus to get them done in a reasonable amount of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment