{Eat} Sassafraz & Crêpes à GoGo

After this past weekend, I am 90% done painting my dresser but I still need to apply some poly in a couple areas and spray the hardware once more before I can reveal the final product, which will essentially look like the tall boy. I also realized I have to go around the house and take photos for some updates, so maybe later this month when I have some time!

After all the gruelling housework on Saturday, I headed down to Yorkville with the girls for some lunch and window shopping! Sassafraz is one of those restaurants I've always wanted to try despite hearing mixed reviews and after this visit, I would try it again.

Sassafraz is located in an array of Victorian rowhouses. (Source)

Summerlicious is happening right now so we took advantage of the prix fixe menu.

Vichysoisse with lobster and truffle essence.

Roasted chicken breast with doubled smoked bacon and red onion quinoa, braised leeks in
natural reduction.

Pork tenderloin with roasted garlic sweet potato mash, asparagus, sweet apple cider glaze.

Pappardelle with roasted tomato, artichoke, goat cheese and basil pesto.

Apparently the pork tenderloin was not enjoyed as much as the chicken and pappardelle were! The smoked bacon in the quinoa was soooo good.

Inside the restaurant. There's a water feature in the back and I forgot to take a picture of the gorgeous bar area at the entrance.

Banana cream tart, toasted coconut mousse and mango sherbet. YUM.

Chocolate brownie with brandied cherry, Chantilly cream and amaretto reduction.

Giant paper flowers at Anthropologie. 
Pardon the reflection - it was super sunny!


After we did some window shopping (well, I did pick up a skirt from FCUK...), we walked to the re-located Crêpes à GoGo for some Parisian-style crêpes.

I had heard to try the Limonana, which is made of lemon juice, mint leaves, and organic cane juice. It's definitely not for everyone, but I liked it! It reminds me of the mint tea I always had in Turkey.

From the Sweet & Savoury menu, the Big Ben - mozzarella & raspberry jam. The crepes are served in a paper bag for you to eat in the cafe or to take to go.

And from the Sweet menu, the Tartinade - their version of Nutella.
Anytime I have authentic Parisian-style crêpes, the first one I have to try is with the chocolate-hazelnut spread. If you mess that up, I can't be bothered to try your other options!

Can you tell I love food? Does anyone else love when their city has restaurant week? Especially when it happens twice a year (Winterlicious and Summerlicious)!

No comments:

Post a Comment