{Out & About} Fall in New York

I love New York in the fall... and in the spring... and in the summer (despite the ridiculous heat bouncing off the cement sidewalks and buildings). Winter... eh. As long as I'm dressed for it, I'm okay, but since I often line up early in the mornings for rush tickets at Broadway shows, I'm not too fond of it then.

I take fewer pictures each time now since I've been going several times a year for the past 4-5 years, but there are still areas that are uncharted territory for me.

During this past trip, I finally visited Chelsea Markets. It's cute! I don't know where these elevators go but I like it. There was another one next to these two that I guess went to some MLB section since there were baseballs and bats. (I think. For some reason I didn't take a picture.)

I tried an original Fat Witch brownie from Fat Witch. Deeelish! I like to try "original" foods before trying their variations, because if you can't perfect the basic then what's the point?! Lol.

I walked through Eleni's. I want to know who's decorating those cookies! Seriously, amazing. I wouldn't want to eat them, they're so pretty! (And pricey.)
I browsed through the independent designer pop-up shops for way too long... but at least I came out with a necklace I've been lusting after and it was way cheaper than the original one I wanted.
I really wanted to climb over the bars to look down the hole.
High Line Park! I love all NYC parks and squares but this is in my top 3. No one lives in those condos on the right yet, but they are SO close to the park! I'd be paranoid all day.
A look down W 23rd St? 
This man is pretty freaky, but it's less freaky then another window that only had a waving hand. The paper on the air conditioning unit is one of those barcode things for your phone so I'm curious what comes up when you scan it.
Privacy fence using tree branches.
It must look amazing inside this art studio. There were maybe 5-6ish windows with coloured mason jars all lined up.
Unrestored (is this a word?) section of the High Line.
Chicken biriyani in Times Square. Yum!
Me and Judith Light. I love her. She's the nicest woman ever!
Harry Connick Jr.'s crocs lol.
A look down W 45th St.
Union Square preparing for the Holiday Market. I love love love it!
Mmm... donut. Coconut glaze and coconut cream doughnut. Valrhona Chocolate doughnut? My brother's 8 month pregnant friend said donuts from Doughnut Plant are all she's been craving for with her second daughter so we decided to take a trip to the actual location rather than just buying from Dean & Deluca (and I finally got to see Alphabet City! Only a million more neighbourhoods to go...). They are heaven. 'Nuff said.

Next week I'm off again for a weekend visit and since I'll be in the Union Square area more this trip, I am definitely going to take my time looking through all the stalls at the Holiday Market. I love little markets, especially holiday ones packed with people and you can sip on apple cider or hot chocolate while browsing, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment